Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

How many people know what or why we celebrate the forth of July? Two hundred and thirty two years ago our country signed a little document http://www.ushistory.org/Declaration/ . From my time in the Marines I gained a huge appreciation of what it means to be a free country. There is a huge price to be paid in order for us Americans to have this life style. It is very important that us as Americans understand why we celebrate this historic holiday. To most the fireworks at night are a visual treat of lights and booms. I feel the same as most in the joy of the beautiful explosions high in the sky however I understand what the firework show symbolizes. I just hope everyone can take the time to understand how and why we are a free country and take a huge pride in the 4Th of July celebration. Happy 4Th of July.

No comments: